Keep these points in mind:
- Consider the time of the day to decide whether or not you
want heavy or light hors d’oeuvres.
- A party guest will consume an average of 6 hors d’oeuvres in
one hour. Be sure to have enough!
- Have small plates at the food stations.
- Consider having pricey food selections hand-passed instead
of setting them at food stations. Caterers speculate that guests will consume
40-60% fewer food when it is passed. It won’t look like you are saving money,
but you are!
- Many people think that having a hors d’oeuvres reception
will save them money. That is not always the case, so be sure to request a price
quote for a dinner as well.
- Be sure to let your guests know at the invitation level that
a full dinner will not be served.